Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 10, 2015

Hazel Makes {My New Etsy Shop}

I've always been a "maker" and love everything from paper to fabric to paint.  One day I'm making a set of handmade cards & the next, I'm making a quilt. I collect fabric like I do patterned paper & recently I decided that it was time to give my collection a life of its own & turn it into something with purpose.

I created a new Etsy shop called Hazel Makes. When I started thinking about a name for my shop, I knew it would probably be filled with an eclectic mix of things. I've never been one to fixate on one project and make the same thing day in & day out. I wanted a name that would allow me to make whatever was on my heart & not feel like I had to be boxed into one product for the rest of my days.
So why Hazel Makes? When I was younger, I use to hate that my eyes were a mixture of colors. My friends all had either bright blue or dark brown shades & I wanted to be able to assign a label to my own. One day they were green & the next they were gray. Sometimes they looked blue and other times they had hints of gold. When I was a teenager, I thought colored contacts would be the solution to my color conundrum, but after trying out every shade imaginable, I suddenly realized that I liked the color I was born with the most.  And now that I'm older, I realize that my ever changing eye color fits my personality to a T. 

Over the past month, I've been stitching up some of my favorite designer fabrics into little zipper pouches.

This one was inspired by my favorite Liberty of London coffee mug:
 ...and I love anything with the Swiss cross icon. I think this one would be so cute filled with bandages & first aid supplies. :)
Each of my bags are unique and one-of-a-kind. They're perfect for keeping all of your little things in life organized, such as pencils, makeup, money, etc.  You can find my current listings here:

Be sure to check back soon & see what new project is in the works!

2 comments :

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover